Such a great find! I’m from the local area and needed somewhere near my parents to stay for Christmas. The cottage was really well appointed and James and Louise had thought of everything. Plenty of towels and spare pillows and they had even left us a Christmas card. Would highly recommend for anyone visiting Speyside. We had a great stay.
Your home from home in the heart of Dufftown
Set in the heart of Speyside, The Milking Sheds in Dufftown provides an ideal base to explore our stunning surroundings.
Take in the Malt Whisky Trail, enjoy historic walks, go mountain biking, skiing – there really is something for everyone!
Within a short distance we have award winning beaches, charming seaside towns, ancient tall forests,
dramatic mountains, historic sites and the mighty River Spey.
Each ‘Wee-Kalf’ is a semi-detached stone cottage,
which has been converted from the original milking shed barn.
Set in a perfect spot, our cottages are ideal for family friendly adventures
or a romantic getaways in our peaceful, yet central town location.
From the front door, through the open porch, you step into an open plan living area with well-equipped kitchen and cosy sitting room.
The bedroom in 1 Wee-Kalf has either a Twin Bed ( 2 x single beds) or can be converted to 1 x Super King bed set up.
The bedroom in 2 Wee-Kalf is a King-size double bed.
The shower room is off the bedroom in both cottages, and each have a walk-in shower, basin and WC.
At the front of the cottages we have a patio and shared garden with a drying green, outdoor furniture and BBQ.
A lovely place to wind down with a refreshing drink after the day’s adventures.
Amenities and Information
Both cottages are on the ground floor and provide full wheelchair access.
Accommodation available is either a twin, king sized double or super king sized double, plus a double sofa bed.
Shower room with shower, basin and WC.
Open plan living area has a fully equipped kitchen, sitting area and sofa bed.
An optional honesty bar can be set up in your cottage, please request at time of booking!
We offer a selection of 3 single malts, each at £4/dram
Note: Any bookings which are not a standard Holiday Let need to be discussed with the owner prior to booking.
Fully Equipped Kitchen
HD TVs with Freeview
Off road parking
Fuel and power included
Free Onstreet Parking
Local Shop and Pub 2 minute walk
Bed linen and towels included
“Beautifully furnished. Very welcoming owners.”
“We hope to return next year we had a great stay”.
“Great little place to stay.”
“The cottage suited us perfectly.”
“The property was lovely, very tasteful.”
“Ideal property for a couple, comfortable and modern”.
“Really nice accommodation in a superb location.”
“Thank you both so very much for making our first wedding anniversary so special.”
- Check in after 1500 on day of arrival
- Check out is before 1000 on day of departure
- All bookings must be guaranteed by credit card, cheque or cash deposit
- Deposits are non refundable
- Failure to arrive will be charged in full
- Cancellations must be made 10 days prior to arrival date
- Smoking is not permitted inside the cottages. If smoking, please do so outside and dispose of your rubbish in a safe manner.
- Should any guests smoke inside the Milking Sheds, a £100 charge specialist cleaning fee will be applied and guests will be asked to leave immediately.
- Please do not park in the area prior to sliver metal gates, this is not our property. On street parking is also available with no charge.
- Heat and Smoke detectors are installed in each property for your safety. In the case of an emergency please call 999 & vacate the property. These alarms are not hard wired to contact a fire station. When safe to do so please also contact us on: 07794 681807 to alert us of the situation and to get our assistance. If the alarms are activated in error please open windows etc as required to ventilate area and alarms will stop.
- We accept Visa and Mastercard.
- We accept Sterling or Euros.